The security deposit is your rental agency's insurance that you will maintain the property and keep it in good condition. It is usually equal to one month's rent, and it is great to get it back. Although the reasons why your landlord does not return the deposit depends on your lease, those below are the most common reasons:
- Not keeping the property clean
- Not maintaining the property
- Direct damage or indirect damage due to the lack of maintenance
To avoid a deposit deduction, renters should fulfill their responsibilities, such as:
- Clean up
- Maintains tasks
- Repair damages
- Stay warm and well-aired to prevent condensation
To get your full security deposit back when you are moving out, here are useful hacks for you:
1. Pay Attention to Details When you Are Moving In
The moving-in inspection sheet is the only document about your apartment's condition when you have moved in, and it also indicates conditions of the property while you leave. It would be best if you considered typing every detail about walls, ceilings, floors, carpets, locks, windows, and blinds to recognize every single damage or missing items. Don't forget to take a copy for yourself and keep it safe until you move out. You should take photos of the property before your belongings are unloaded in it to solve disagreements upon moving out.
2. Know Your Lease with every point to get the deposit back.
Your lease agreement includes every detail about what is and is not allowed in your rental, and by singing it, you accept all the terms and conditions. The lease regulates parking, landscape maintenance, painting, pets, and other expectations. You should know every aspect and detail of the lease to get your deposit back.
3. The Floors can be a crucial point.
Floors and carpets usually can be big problems for returning deposits. It would be better to care for your floors and carpets during your tenancy; using rugs on the floor, not wearing shoes inside, and professionally cleaning the carpets annually can help you.
4.Long Hours Can Be Needed for a Proper Cleaning.
It can take more time to clean and repair every item than you assume. For this reason, you should leave yourself enough time to clean and make repairs. A perfect move out cleaning can ensure you leave your place without leaving money behind. A small list of necessary cleaning supplies needed: All propose spray cleaner, Shower, and toilette cleaners, Floor cleaner mop vacuum, Windows cleaner, Cleaning rags and paper towels, Disinfecting wipes, Trash bags, Duster, Step ladder, Laundry detergent, Oven cleaner, Vinegar, Repair tools
Checklist for Move out Cleaning For All House
- Restore walls, remove nails and hooks, and fill in holes. You can use a quick dry spackle or soap to fill holes on your walls. If you don't want to deal with the falling holes with your next moving, you can try rental-friendly ways to hang things on the wall of your new apartment; for example, you adhesive blocked hangers and hooks instead of nails.
- Wash walls after you get your artwork and wall hanging packed. You will see the stain behind them.
- Wipe and clean crayon drawings on the walls
- Pay attention to the corners, baseboards, and kids' desks areas and remove cobwebs.
- Dust, vacuum, and mop everywhere after the furniture has been remoted.
- Clean the windows, windowsills, and window tracks.
- To clean the blinds or drapes, use a duster or vacuum them. Fix broken blind.
- Clean doorknobs, light switches, and outlet covers. If they are not in good condition, you can replace them with new ones.
- Replace any burned-out light bulbs
- Wipe down all doors and door frames. Scrub doors, especially around the knobs. You can use disinfecting wipes for them.
- Clean the cabinets in the whole house, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, inside and outside. You can wipe down the interiors of the cabinets. As you are packing, you should clean the exterior later.
- Check inside and around all drawers, shelves, cabinets, and floors before you leave.
- Dust and clean all ceiling fans, air conditioner, and heat vents
- Vacuum and clean carpets with carpet stain remover.
- To remove furniture marks on carpets, place ice cubes all along with the furniture marks on the carpet, wait for them to melt, and use a comb or fork to fluff the carpet back up.
- Mop hardwood and the floors.
Checklist for Bathroom
- Deep clean bathrooms. Scrub bathroom tiles. Clean the tub, sink, toilets mirror, and shower doors to replace the toilet seat if necessary.
- Remove hard water from faucets. You can use white vinegar.
- Whip down and disinfect all countertops and plumbing fixtures.
Checklist for Kitchen
- Clean out refrigerator dishwasher, microwave oven. You can use lemon and vinegar for cleaning the oven and microwave to avoid using chemicals.
- You can use cream of tartar to shine stainless steel surfaces.
- Clean kitchen cabinets inside and out.
- Move appliances and sweep behind them.
- Scrub the store all drip pans and burners. If you do not want to waste time, replace them with the new ones.
- Clean your garbage disposal.
- Clean and disinfect countertops and tiles.
Luke’s Apartment Movers is the right apartment moving company for a hassle-free move. We move all day from the start of the day to the close. Our vast fleet of trucks ensures movers can reach you anywhere. That means we are there on time, every time. You can request a quote 24/7, email, and call us on:
JACKSONVILLE (904) 730-4875
ORLANDO (407) 720-0034
TAMPA BAY (813 )444-7062